TheMrsKetcham

Ketcham in the Rye

I like big books and I cannot lie. When I'm not teaching English to the youth of America, I am reading a book. Why? Because books are amazeballs!

The Rosie Project
Graeme Simsion
The Goldfinch
Donna Tartt

This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner

This Shattered World - Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner

What I thought was going to be a continuation of the story of Tarver and Lilac ended up being a story about a  different pair of star-crossed lovers. Jubilee Chase, a captain for  the force, and Flynn Cormac, an Avon rebel insurgent, become unlikely partners fighting for the same cause.

First, I have to say that although I was disappointed that the story didn't revolve around two of my favorite fictional characters, I did enjoy this companion novel to These Broken Stars. My only problem was that the sequence between the dual POV in This Shattered World, which I guess are Jubilee's dreams, weren't as compelling or plot-driving as the debriefing sequence between POV switch in These Broken Stars. Because of this, I had a harder time seeing where the story was going. I did enjoy when the two worlds blended together once Tarver and Lilac were introduced into the novel.

Overall, I am anticipating the third installment in this series and am curious to see where the authors take the next novel. I would recommend both These Broken Stars and This Shattered World to my students.

Thanks Disney-Hyperion and NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.