TheMrsKetcham

Ketcham in the Rye

I like big books and I cannot lie. When I'm not teaching English to the youth of America, I am reading a book. Why? Because books are amazeballs!

The Rosie Project
Graeme Simsion
The Goldfinch
Donna Tartt

Suspicion by Alexandra Monir

Suspicion - Alexandra Monir

American-raised Imogen Rockford becomes the Duchess of Wickersham after the untimely deaths of all heirs including her parents. While not quite ready to play the role of the aristocrat, Imogen moves back to Rockford Manor to claim her birthright and falls into a tangled web of lies and deceit.

Suspicion by Alexandra Monir was a paranormal mystery. I was expecting the mystery…the paranormal not so much. While there were gaping (I use the word mildly here) plot holes and Imogen was kind of boring, I love England. So I guess, I liked it more because it dealt with the British aristocracy and had the inkling of gothic characteristics. If it wasn’t set in this atmosphere, the story would have been laughable. Imogen’s ridiculous crush on Sebastian was cliché, and the plot twist with her cousin Lucia was so laughable that I literally can’t even.

I will not read the sequel because I just don’t care what Imogen finds out about her special powers or what her ancestor left her.

I received this ARC from NetGalley and Delacorte Press in exchange for an honest review.