TheMrsKetcham

Ketcham in the Rye

I like big books and I cannot lie. When I'm not teaching English to the youth of America, I am reading a book. Why? Because books are amazeballs!

The Rosie Project
Graeme Simsion
The Goldfinch
Donna Tartt

Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Lauren

Sweet Filthy Boy - Christina Lauren

Mia Holland and her friends celebrate their college graduation with a trip to Vegas.  What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, right?  Wrong.  Mia meets Ansel Guillaume and marries him in a drunken stupor.  Hoping for freedom from the oppression of her father, Mia follows Ansel to France for the summer.  When this stranger becomes the man of her dreams will she be able to leave this summer fling behind her?

Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Lauren is a quick, fun read.  I have read Christina Lauren’s Beautiful Bastard Series and although this book series follows the same plot setup, girl and friends end up with guy and friends, it doesn't seem repetitive.  While it is steamy, it’s not crude.  The characters are developed in way that the reader can see growth in both Mia and Ansel and is rewarded with a happy ending.  I am looking forward to the next book in the series.

I received this book as an ARC from NetGalley.  Thanks, Gallery Books!